Saturday, March 10, 2007

Robert Munsch at Bayview Village Chapters


9:30am sharp last Saturday my kids and I were at Chapters, ready to meet Robert Munsch. The show didn't actually start until 11am but my son wanted to make sure he got his latest Munsch book signed. He was so excited to meet the man that wrote so many of his favourites: Mortimer, Smelly Socks, We Share Everything etc.

The show was wonderful! Mr. Munsch called up different kids on stage and made up stories about them. His funny faces and charismatic presence really engaged the children in the audience. He threw in a few classics, Mortimer and I Love You Forever to name a few. I have I Love You Forever at home but I can't bring myself to read it out loud as it makes me want to cry. Lovely book but really chokes me up.

After the show someone wrote in the Child's Life Parent Forum that he had a link to listen to Robert Munsch read his books on-line. Check out it out at www.robertmunsch.com/storytime.cfm.

There are tons of great events coming up in March and April for kids. Go to www.childslife.ca/events/events.html to find out about more great events in Markham and the GTA!

~Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment